Sunday, May 11, 2008

Girlfriends and Gabbing and Mother's Day

On this Mother's Day I, of course, am so thankful for my four kids and for my own great mom, and my mother-in-law, and the rest of my family. But I'm also thankful for all the great moms who I'm honored to call my friend. Without these women in my life, I just don't know what I'd do. Girlfriendology celebrates that amazing bond. It's a wonderful site, and the founder, Debba Haupert, embraces her inner daisy as much as I do. (See her website, and the cover of my book.) We just did a podcast talking about the importance of friends, and much much more.

And why do we need girlfriends so desperately, especially in these frightening economic times? As I learned during the recent Marketing to Women conference, we women personalize and internalize stress. And when we worry, we connect. (Men isolate.) And one of our favorite forms of connection? Talking. Women say 20,000 words a day, while men speak 7,000 words. And that's just out loud!! Add in email and well, you've got the picture.

So if you're feeling stressed, gab with a friend. It's the best therapy. Happy Mother's Day to all of you great friends out there.

1 comment:

Debba said...

Kaira - Thanks so much for the shout-out on your blog! It was wonderful talking with you on the Girlfriendology Podcast. You and your book are such an inspiration to me and other women entrepreneurs.

Thanks too for the books for our Girlfriendology Contest prizes! (www.girlfriendology.com) It will be a honor to share these with other women who have dreams!

Thanks for all you do! Debba / Girlfriendology

p.s. And Happy Belated Mother's Day!