Thursday, April 17, 2008

Book tour, Chicago style

Yesterday, I was in Chicagoland on what turned out to be the first fabulous spring day in the city. I enjoyed breakfast at a cozy restaurant with Tripti Kasal, one of the amazing entrepreneurs featured in my book. Interestingly, Harpo Studios was just a block away. Tempted as I was to go stand outside the gate and hold my book aloft, I decided that could be construed as tacky and continue to await their invitation to be a guest.
After breakfast, Tripti drove me to Quartino’s restaurant where I gave a speech to the members and guests of Chicago's Women’s Council of Realtors. I had a blast. What a great group, passionate and positive about the future of real estate and about helping their clients too. Josh and Nate from Borders (at 755 West North Avenue)were great, too. If you’re in the Chicago area, stop by their location for a copy of Real You Incorporated, autographed by moi. I also signed copies at the Border’s on Michigan Avenue.
After a quick trip to the top of the Hancock Building for a stunning view of Lake Michigan and the city, it was off to another book signing at Transitions Bookplace. What a special bookstore. The staff couldn’t have been friendlier, and I enjoyed the peaceful energy of the place. I also had a chance to speak to an intimate group of women – Gail, Tracy, Lin - about entrepreneurship, empowerment and living a snark-free life. Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.
Today, it’s off to San Diego.
To read about my seamless travels, visit eBrandmarketing, where I have a column. (Hint: It hasn't been seamless). And if you want to know more about snarks, be sure to visit RealYouIncorporated.com

No comments: