Saturday, April 5, 2008

Boston is great

Recently, my book promoting activities found me in Boston and reminded me of what a great place it is. We wandered the stacks at the country's first library - amazing - and popped into the the city's largest Barnes and Noble inside Copley Place in the historic Back Bay. It's still an amazing feeling to see Real You Incorporated on the shelves. As always, feel free to pop by and pick one up if you're in the neighborhood.

Later that evening, I headed out to Newton to the studios of NECN - the New England Cable Network - serving three million homes in the six state area. While waiting in the green room/conference room of NECN, I met Sean Garballey - a 23 year old, newly minted member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives. He was great - even after I told him he looked 12 years old - and I could tell why he soundly defeated his opponents.

During my interview with Beth Shelburne, we talked about my book, Real You Incorporated, but we also shared our mutual love of the book A Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. There is something about that book, and her own life, in the midst of our busy lives, that brings peace and introspection. Beth agrees. We also talked about that ever popular phrase - work/life balance. I don't think it exists. More on that in a later post. Until then, here's the clip from my interview with Beth Shelburne of NECN.

No comments: